To bring the groundbreaking OLED technology to life for a large audience and create buzz for it, the “LG OLED TV Marathon” brought the world record in permanent television to Vienna.
Idea, concept, pitch and (successful) implementation within a few months – that’s how quickly ikp helped its client LG Electronics achieve an official Guinness World Record. During the project, five participants watched TV in the shop windows of the Viennese furniture store Leiner on Mariahilfer Straße for 92 hours and were then awarded a prize by Guinness record judge Lena Kuhlmann.
From the idea to the search for participants and the casting to the awarding of the world record certificate, the ikp team organised the entire project. And it paid off: LG Electronics has secured an official Guinness record title and ensured international attention on all channels.
LG OLED TV Marathon
Brand communications for LG ongoing, campaign implementation: January - March 2016
- Idea, organisation and concept
- Location scouting
- Social media concept for an integrated approach and high coverage
- Texts for press documents and media cooperation
- Participant search and project support via social media
- Media relations and social media communications around the search for participants and the world record
- 400 registrations via social media
- 110 media reports in the Austrian media with a total reach of 39.8 million.
- 55 international media reports in Germany, Switzerland, France, Spain, Canada and the USA
- 951,586 impressions on social media with a reach of over 165,000 people with over 5,500 interactions (>3%)
- The world record attempt reached 329,100 people live on site